Skip to main content

Dispute Resolution


How Does the CRSA Define a Dispute?

A dispute must involve a child, adolescent or young adult:

  • who is 21 years of age or under;
  • who shows evidence of being severely emotionally disturbed or behaviorally disordered; and
  • where there is a disagreement between a parent and an agency or between two or more agencies regarding implementation of a plan of services.

Who Can Bring a Dispute to the CRSA?

Any issue, complaint or question regarding individuals with a behavior disorder or severe emotional disturbance may be referred by a parent, professional, individual or an agency on behalf of an individual. Through a process of receiving, documenting and processing the concerns brought forward, a plan of service will be reviewed or developed if one does not exist. If a plan of service is not or cannot be implemented through staff assistance, a dispute may require the involvement of the local community and the Authority to resolve.

How Does Dispute Resolution Affect Other Procedures?

CRSA Dispute Resolution does not replace the use of any other appeal process. A parent/guardian should pursue the appropriate appeal procedures with state or local agencies to challenge decisions made about a plan of service.